If your brand new home has turned into these flakey bubbly wet walls, then you probably missed a bituminous waterproofing coating while building your home. Water seepage is the biggest enemy of buildings. Waterproofing helps to prevent this traumatic event by applying a coating of impermeable material over the walls, roofs, and other parts of the building. Bituminous coating, also known as asphalt coating, is an excellent waterproofing agent. Being flexible, it can easily cover up even hard to reach complex surfaces and thus creates a strong barrier restricting water to permeate through the surface. There are endless advantages to gifting your home or any other construction a dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Just coat it over any surface and put a full stop to the worries of water absorption.
- Its adhesive nature keeps the elements together thus preventing the formation of cracks on the concrete floor. Moreover, it protects the thin layer of concrete against the pressure of groundwater.
- Easy to use and long-lasting performance makes it the best choice in the market.
- Protecting every element of the building that can be damaged due to water contact, ultimately adds years to the life of construction.
- Rusting and corrosion damage the metal by weakening it. This directly impacts the strength of the entire construction. Waterproofing protects the metals by keeping them away from direct water contact as well as moisturized air.
- The rainy season won’t dare to bring dampness inside the building if you have well guarded it with Dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating.
- By preventing seepages, this waterproofing coating makes sure that your ceiling and walls stay beautiful for many more years. No more flakey paint falling out of the ceiling or walls here and there.
- Protection in the first place keeps you away from long bills of maintenance of the building. One good investment in waterproofing coating saves you a lot of money.
- A well-maintained property is not only easier to put up for sale but also helps to crack the best deal. Waterproofing coating makes sure that your property value keeps on rising with time.
- The dampness and mold developed due to water leakage into walls and ceilings have negative implications on human health as they can be a cause of nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, eye irritation, asthma, and skin rashes. Dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating keeps the people present there healthy and away from unnecessary diseases.
- Waterproofing your basement helps to control your cooling costs as basement leaks cause excessive humidity and hence prolong the use of air conditioners.
How to apply Dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating?
Step 1: Clean the surface
Make your surface free from any loose material, dust, and oil. A clear surface ensures a smooth application and promotes the adhesiveness of waterproofing coating. If it’s a concrete surface, make sure it’s 28 days older and completely cured before applying waterproofing coating.
Step 2: Primer layer
For rough surfaces, dilute dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating with water in a 1:4 ratio and cover up the pores or uneven surface via a brush or a spray gun. Dry out the primer completely. For smooth surfaces, skip this step.
Step 3: Waterproofing coating
Apply two layers of bituminous waterproofing coating on the surface with a gap of at least 48 hours. Let it dry and cure.
Once you have built your dream home or your most important project, the next step is to make sure that it continues to be strong and look beautiful for years just as it was on the first day. Manufactured by state-of-the-art machines, Dolphin bituminous waterproofing coating by Al Muqarram helps you keep your promise of always giving the best to your construction. The high resistivity to mechanical damage, extensive durability, and supreme quality of these coatings makes the Al Muqarram the best manufacturer of waterproofing coating worldwide. With two decades of experience, Al Muqarram has aced the market of waterproofing materials and has always provided variety and quality.